PM Lee presented his new cabinet lineup yesterday. Some highlights:
- Teo Chee Hean replaces Wong Kan Seng as Minister for National Security, perhaps a taller guy can better look for escaped fugitives?
- Lim Swee Say remains in the Prime Minister’s Office, happily counting the zeroes in his CPF account
- "Yakult" Ibrahim is now Minister for Information, Communication and the Arts because he has the most "culture" (by @TheRealLeticia)
- Can't afford a flat? Now Khaw Boon Wan will tell you to buy one in JB! For only $8!
- Vivian Balakrishnan showed how much he loves gutter politics, so PM Lee granted him his wish and sent him to manage the longkangs
- Gan Kim Yong, architect of Singapore's hugely successful foreign talent policy, will be tasked with doing the same for our health sector.
- Singaporeans now have a new swear word when stuck in overcrowded buses or the MRT: Tuck Yew!
- The Gen Y can now look forward to more hand raising activities (how about a Kee Chiu workout?) and rousing speeches on small island republics, now that Chan Chun Sing is Acting Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports